Aurora New Dawn is pleased to announce the following job vacancy:
Domestic Abuse Advocate (DAST) – Female*
Hours of work
|Full-time:||37 Hours per week|
|Salary||Non Accredited – Grade 7 – £22,221 p.a pro rata
Accredited* – Grade 8 – £26,276 p.a pro rata
*on completion of a role-specific accreditation
|Duration:||Commences ASAP. Contract until March 2022, continuation subject to funding and hours may be amended after this date.|
|DAST:||Domestic Abuse Support Team (Hampshire Constabulary)|
|Location:||2 days Portsmouth/2 days Southampton/1 day office/home working|
* PLEASE NOTE: This post is restricted to female applicants in accordance with Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010
Aurora New Dawn is a registered charity providing support and advocacy to survivors of domestic abuse, stalking, and sexual violence.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to join us in the launch and delivery of an exciting new project. The DAST IDVA will:
- Provide high-quality support to victims (16+) of domestic abuse working specifically within the DAST.
- Work closely with our Hampshire Constabulary partners, and within a multi- agency framework, to identify and assess the risks and needs of our clients.
- Deliver a pro-active service through individual safety planning and personal support.
- Advocate for our clients with relevant agencies, whilst providing emotional and practical support and information, including in relation to legal options, housing, health and finance.
This is a specialist, multi-skilled role, and prior completion of a Domestic abuse, sexual violence or stalking advocacy qualification would be advantageous. However, we would welcome applications from those who feel they have demonstrable equivalent experience/qualifications which meet the specific requirements of this post.
- DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
- Police Clearance level 3 will be required on acceptance of employment.
- This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
- This post will be split between Portsmouth and Southampton with regular local travel required..
- This is a fixed term contract until March 2022. Continuation will be dependent on funding and hours may be amended after this date.
How to apply for the job:
Applications should be in the form of a letter, sent with a supporting CV by email to email@example.com, detailing why you think you are suitable for the post. Please put ‘Domestic Abuse Advocate (DAST)’ in the subject line and return your completed diversity monitoring form with your letter.
You are advised to read the job description and person specification carefully as the decision to shortlist you for interview will be based on the information you provide in your letter.
NB: Application should be in the form of a cover letter with a supporting CV.
For an informal discussion about the role, or for any other queries, please contact Lyn Tiller (Director of Operations, Services and Innovation) on 023 92 479254.
To save on administration costs we are not able to contact you if your application is unsuccessful, but I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your interest in our work.
The deadline for all applications is 9.00am 16th August 2021.
Interviews will be held ASAP after closing date.
Interviews will be conducted via ZOOM or in our head office subject to COVID 19 government guidelines.
To download a copy of the Domestic Abuse Advocate (DAST) job description, click here.
To download a copy of the Aurora New Dawn Diversity Questionnaire, click here.
How can you help?
You can help Aurora raise vital funds during the COVID19 pandemic:
Do you want to get in touch with us?
Want to help us raise awareness?
Want to donate to our cause? 💜