Aurora New Dawn is pleased to announce the following job vacancy:
Female* Stalking Advocate
Hours of work
|Full-time:||37 Hours per week|
|Salary||Non Accredited – Grade 7 – £22,221
Accredited* – Grade 8 – – £26,276
*on completion of a role-specific accreditation
|Duration:||Contract until 2020. Continuation subject to funding.|
|Location:||Portsmouth – with travel across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight as required|
*PLEASE NOTE: This post is restricted to female applicants in accordance with Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010
The Female Stalking Advocate Role
Aurora New Dawn is a registered charity providing support and advocacy to survivors of domestic abuse, stalking and sexual violence.
We are looking for an Independent Stalking Advocate to join our Stalking team.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide a high-quality frontline service to individuals experiencing stalking, through both face to face and telephone support.
- Support victims throughout the criminal and civil courts.
- Offer information and signposting on a risk and needs-led basis.
- Provide advocacy, practical and emotional support, empowering victims to act for themselves and engage with services that can help them, thereby increasing self-esteem and reducing isolation.
- Work closely with our multi-agency partners and the Hampshire Stalking Clinic.
- The role is based in our Portsmouth office, but working across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
- A significant part of this role will involve working alongside Hampshire Constabulary to ensure that the voice of the victim is heard throughout the process of evidence capture and investigation.
How to apply for the job:
Applications should be in the form of a letter, sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing why you think you are suitable for the post. Please put ‘Stalking Advocate’ in the subject line and return your completed diversity monitoring form with your letter.
The deadline for all applications is 9.00 am 18th October 2019.
Interviews will be held on 22nd October 2019.
You are advised to read the job description and person specification carefully as the decision to shortlist you for interview will be based on the information you provide in your letter.
To save on administration costs we are not able to contact you if your application is unsuccessful, but I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your interest in our work.
For a discussion about the role, or for any other queries, please contact Lucy Kay (Stalking Service Manager) on 023 92 479254.
To download a copy of the Female Stalking Advocate job description, click here.
To download a copy of the Aurora New Dawn Diversity Questionnaire, click here.