Aurora New Dawn is pleased to announce the following job vacancy:
Female * Community IDVA (Complex Needs) – West Sussex Connect
Hours of work
|Full-time:||37 Hours per week|
|Salary||£25,250 (with 1% annual increment)|
|Duration:||Contract until 2021. Continuation subject to funding.|
|Location:||West Sussex, working across Crawley & Worthing.|
*PLEASE NOTE: This post is restricted to female applicants in accordance with Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010
The Female Community IDVA Role
Aurora New Dawn is a registered charity providing support and advocacy to survivors of domestic abuse, sexual violence and stalking.
We work in partnership with West Sussex County Council and Safelives to deliver CONNECT: a new and holistic service, created with survivors of domestic abuse and offering a co-ordinated, whole-family response.
We are looking for a skilled, dedicated and passionate individual to take on the role of Community IDVA within the Connect team, working specifically with victims of domestic abuse who have complex or multiple needs. The successful candidate will:
- Deliver a flexible, holistic approach that is personalised for each individual, addressing any risks and improving outcomes around their safety, needs and wellbeing.
- Work in a way that is trauma-informed and solution-focused, undertaking a holistic assessment of need with each client which incorporates an understanding of the prevalence and impact of trauma and the complex paths to healing and recovery.
- Be focused on identifying strengths and work towards building resilience.
- Develop and deliver a proactive response that takes the service to clients, increasing opportunities for engagement.
All roles within the Connect team will work in accordance with the 7 key principles underpinning the Connect Model:
- Flexibility, consistency and reliability
- Client involvement
- Working together
How to apply for the job:
Applications should be in the form of a letter, sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing why you think you are suitable for the post. Please put ‘Community IDVA Application’ in the subject line and return your completed diversity monitoring form with your letter.
The deadline for all applications is 1pm on Wednesday 8th January 2020.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 23rd January 2020.
You are advised to read the job description and person specification carefully as the decision to shortlist you for interview will be based on the information you provide in your letter.
To save on administration costs we are not able to contact you if your application is unsuccessful, but I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your interest in our work.
For a discussion about the role, or for any other queries, please contact Gemma Green (Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence Service Manager) on 023 92 479254.
To download a copy of the Community IDVA (Complex Needs) job description, click here.
To download a copy of the Aurora New Dawn Diversity Questionnaire, click here.