Aurora New Dawn is pleased to announce the following job vacancy:
Female * Community IDVA (Independent Domestic Violence Advisor)
Hours of work
|37 Hours per week
|£25,250 (with 1% annual increment)
|Contract until June 2021. Continuation subject to funding.
|West Sussex, working across working across Worthing & Adur.
*PLEASE NOTE: This post is restricted to female applicants in accordance with Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010
The Female Community IDVA Role
Aurora New Dawn is a registered charity providing support and advocacy to survivors of domestic abuse, sexual violence and stalking.
We are excited to be working in partnership with West Sussex County Council and Safelives to deliver CONNECT: a new and holistic service, created with survivors of domestic abuse and offering a co-ordinated, whole-family response.
We are looking for a skilled, dedicated and passionate individual to take on the role of Community IDVA (Independent Domestic Violence Advisor) within the Connect team, working specifically with victims of domestic abuse who are at medium risk of harm.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide a high-quality frontline service to victims of domestic abuse, working specifically with those clients assessed at medium risk of harm
- Facilitate a 4 week holistic assessment allowing time to gradually build a relationship with each client, incorporating risk and safety, strengths and needs.
- Provide advocacy, practical and emotional support.
- Support clients to identify and build on their strengths, assets and resources, both internal and external, with the aim of increasing resilience.
- Support the facilitation of group programmes and activities including drop-ins at other services to support service users in the community.
All roles within the Connect team will work in accordance with the 7 key principles underpinning the Connect Model:
- Flexibility, consistency and reliability
- Client involvement
- Working together
How to apply for the job:
For further details on this vacancy, please see the combined job description/person specification.
Applications should be in the form of a letter, sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing why you think you are suitable for the post. Please put ‘Community IDVA Application’ in the subject line and return your completed diversity monitoring form with your letter.
The deadline for all applications is 5pm Monday 17th August 2020.
- Week commencing 24th August 2020 (subject to change)
- Interviews will be conducted via ZOOM
To save on administration costs we are not able to contact you if your application is unsuccessful, but I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your interest in our work.
To download a copy of the Community IDVA (Independent Domestic Violence Advisor) job description, click here.
To download a copy of the Community IDVA (Independent Domestic Violence Advisor) person specification, click here.
To download a copy of the Aurora New Dawn Diversity Questionnaire, click here.