Aurora New Dawn is pleased to announce the following job vacancy:
Armed Forces Advocate – Female*
Hours of work
|Full-time:||37 Hours per week|
|Salary||Non Accredited –£24,000 p.a
Accredited* – £27,000 p.a
*on completion of a role-specific accreditation (or prior attainment)
|Location:||Flexible and Home working – some travel required as per caseload.|
|Duration:||Start asap. Contract until July 2023, continuation subject to funding.|
* PLEASE NOTE: This post is restricted to female applicants in accordance with Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010
Aurora New Dawn is a registered charity providing support and advocacy to victims and survivors of domestic abuse, stalking and sexual violence. In 2017, we launched our Armed Forces Advocacy Service, and have been providing bespoke support to the Armed Forces Community ever since.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual, with an understanding of the specific needs or armed forces personnel and/or their families, to join our Armed Forces Advocacy Service (AFAS). As an Armed Forces Advocate you will:
- Provide high-quality support to victims (16+) of domestic abuse, sexual violence and/or stalking, working specifically within an armed forces remit.
- Work closely with our armed forces partners, and within a multi- agency framework, to identify and assess the risks and needs of our clients.
- Deliver a pro-active, short to medium term crisis intervention service through individual safety planning and personal support.
- Advocate for our clients with relevant agencies, whilst providing emotional and practical support and information, including in relation to legal options, housing, health and finance.
This is a specialist, multi-skilled role, so good relationships with key personnel and an in-depth understanding of the specific needs or armed forces personnel and/or their families is essential.
Applicants must have experience of the forces community (whether as a dependent or as a member of serving personnel) and be able to apply this experience to their practice.
Prior experience of working in the domestic abuse/sexual violence sector is not essential. Full training in the role will be provided, and we welcome any and all applicants with a forces background.
How to apply for the job:
For full details about this position and how to apply, please contact Zoe Jackson (Director of Policy Practice & Development) by email at: Zoe@Aurorand.org.uk, detailing why you think you are suitable for the post. Please put ‘Armed Forces Advocate’ in the subject line.
Start date ASAP – we will appoint the first suitable applicant so advise that if you are interested in this position you do not delay your application.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement early.
How can you help?
You can help Aurora raise vital funds during the COVID19 pandemic:
Do you want to get in touch with us?
Want to help us raise awareness?
Want to donate to our cause? 💜