Aurora New Dawn is pleased to announce the following job vacancy:
Female* Service Manager
Hours of work
|Full-time:||37 Hours per week|
|Duration:||Contract until 2022. Continuation subject to funding.|
|Location:||Portsmouth (with regular local travel).|
*PLEASE NOTE: Genuine occupational requirement in accordance with Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010
The Female Service Manager Role
The Service Manager will assume responsibility for the day to day operation of the organisation’s frontline services and will line manage a variety of staff working in our domestic abuse, sexual violence and stalking teams.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Service manager will supervise, motivate and develop staff, ensuring that our services are delivered to the highest standard across the board, that client safety is prioritised, and that our staff are appropriately supported at all times.
Adhering to our Mission Statement to promote equality and stop violence against women, the Service Manager will ensure the delivery of high-quality support to our diverse client base, ensuring that the voices of victims and survivors are heard and that their safety and wellbeing remains central at all times.
Core duties include:
- Assume line management responsibility (including the provision of supervision & case management) for frontline Aurora staff.
- Manage the day to day operation of the organisation’s frontline services, ensuring that they are delivered to a high standard at all times, and in accordance with both national best practice and funding requirements.
- Ensure compliance with all organisational policies and procedures.
- Supervise and mentor placement students as required.
- Represent the organisation within multi-agency partnerships and at service meetings as required.
- Ensure that the service complies with relevant legislative requirements as defined in its governing documents/framework, including: health and safety legislation, data protection, equal opportunities, child protection and protection of vulnerable adults.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation occurs, including the collection of intake/exit and qualitative data, to inform service and strategic development.
DBS Disclosure at Enhanced level will be required prior to any offer of employment and this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
This post is open to female applicants only, as a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010.
How to apply for the job:
For full details on this vacancy and the knowledge/skills required, please read the job description/person specification.
Applications should be in the form of a letter, sent by email to email@example.com, detailing why you think you are suitable for the post. Please put ‘Service Manager’ in the subject line and return your completed diversity monitoring form with your CV and letter.
The deadline for all applications is 9.00 am on Monday the 1st of June 2020.
You are advised to read the job description and person specification carefully as the decision to shortlist you for interview will be based on the information you provide in your letter.
To download a copy of the Service Manager job description, click here.
To download a copy of the Aurora New Dawn Diversity Questionnaire, click here.
Want to see other jobs offered by Aurora?
Want to donate to our cause? 💜
Want to know more about us?