Aurora New Dawn is pleased to announce the following job vacancy:
Female* Senior Advocate – Domestic Abuse
Hours of work
|Full-time:||37 Hours per week|
|Duration:||Contract until March 2021. Continuation subject to funding.|
*PLEASE NOTE: This post is restricted to female applicants in accordance with Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010
The Female Senior Advocate Role
The Senior Advocate will assume line management responsibility for a small domestic abuse outreach team based in Southampton. They will provide support and guidance to staff on a day to day basis as required. Working under the direction of the Service Manager, the Senior Advocate will oversee the effective and timely allocation of outreach referrals, and ensure that our Outreach, IRIS (Identification & Referral to Improve Safety) and Pathfinder services are delivered in accordance with best practice standards and contractual requirements.
The Senior Advocate will be personally responsible for the ongoing delivery of the IRIS (Identification & Referral to Improve Safety) service in Southampton and the provision of the Advocate/Educator model. As part of this they will provide training for GP’s and practice staff as required, as well as direct support (including information, support and advocacy) to patients who have disclosed their past or current experiences of DVA to general practice teams.
Core duties include:
- Assume line management responsibility (including supervision and case reviews) for the Aurora outreach team (including the Pathfinder service and placement students).
- Manage the day to day operation of the Southampton office, under the guidance of the Service Manager.
- Oversee both the effective and timely allocation of outreach referrals, and the management of the outreach caseload, including assistance with outreach casework and caseholding as required.
- Take the role of Advocate/Educator as part of the IRIS service in the city, delivering domestic Violence and abuse (DVA) training within general practices and providing direct support to patients experiencing DVA.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation occurs in relation to all work done by the outreach and IRIS services, and produce written reports and data both internally and externally as requested.
How to apply for the job:
Applications should be in the form of a letter, sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing why you think you are suitable for the post. Please put ‘Senior Advocate’ in the subject line and return your completed diversity monitoring form with your CV and letter.
The deadline for all applications is 9.00 am on Monday the 1st of June 2020.
You are advised to read the job description and person specification carefully as the decision to shortlist you for interview will be based on the information you provide in your letter.
To save on administration costs we are not able to contact you if your application is unsuccessful, but I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your interest in our work.
To download a copy of the Senior Advocate job description, click here.
To download a copy of the Aurora New Dawn Diversity Questionnaire, click here.
Want to see other jobs offered by Aurora?
Want to donate to our cause? 💜
Want to know more about us?