Aurora New Dawn is pleased to announce the following job vacancy:
Female* Outreach Worker
Hours of work
|Full-time:||37 Hours per week|
|Duration:||Contract until March 2021. Continuation subject to funding.|
*PLEASE NOTE: This post is restricted to female applicants in accordance with Schedule 9 (part 1) of the Equality Act 2010
The Female Outreach Worker Role
We are looking for an outreach worker to join our team. Based in our Southampton office, you will provide practical and emotional support to survivors of domestic violence and abuse (DVA), including crisis intervention, through both face to face and telephone support.
You will develop individual support plans which address the risk of harm, and offer information, advocacy and sign-posting to our clients on a risk and needs-led basis. You will support and empower those you work with to act for themselves and engage with services that can help them, thereby increasing self-esteem and reducing isolation.
Remaining pro-social at all times, you will support clients in the longer term to understand and identify the abuse they have experienced, improve their life skills, increase confidence and build resilience.
Core duties include:
- Work as part of a team providing high-quality direct casework support, advice, information and advocacy to survivors of DVA through regular face to face meetings and telephone contact.
- Manage a caseload in accordance with all organisational policies and procedures.
- Assess risk using the DASH risk indicator checklist, ensuring that this risk is reviewed on a regular basis.
- Work with survivors of DVA to develop tailored support plans with a focus on reducing the risk of harm, increasing their personal safety (and that of any children) and responding to their individual needs. Support survivors to be able to identify and manage the risks to themselves and their children.
- Provide information to survivors in relation to their options, including guidance in relation to their housing, legal and welfare rights.
- Work effectively in partnership with other agencies and make appropriate onward referrals.
- Attend multi-agency meetings where required.
How to apply for the job:
Applications should be in the form of a letter, sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, detailing why you think you are suitable for the post. Please put ‘Outreach worker’ in the subject line and return your completed diversity monitoring form with your CV and letter.
The deadline for all applications is 9.00 am on Monday 1st June 2020.
You are advised to read the job description and person specification carefully as the decision to shortlist you for interview will be based on the information you provide in your letter.
To save on administration costs we are not able to contact you if your application is unsuccessful, but I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your interest in our work.
To download a copy of Outreach Worker job description, click here.
To download a copy of the Aurora New Dawn Diversity Questionnaire, click here.
Want to see other jobs offered by Aurora?
Want to donate to our cause? 💜
Want to know more about us?