INDEPENDANT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ADVOCATE (IDVA) – EASTLEIGH & NEW FOREST
Full-Time: 40 Hours per week
Salary: GRADE 7: £22,100 (Unaccredited)
GRADE 8: £26,276 (On completion of SafeLives IDVA Accreditation)
Duration: Funding until March 2017
The IDVA role centres on the provision of a high-quality frontline service to those victims of domestic abuse who are considered to be at highest risk of serious harm, including:
- Identification and assessment of the risks and needs of victims using an evidence-based risk identification checklist.
- Provision of a pro-active, short to medium term crisis intervention service through individual safety planning and personal support.
- Manage a case load ensuring each client receives the appropriate service individual to their needs.
- Providing advocacy, emotional and practical support and information to victims including in relation to legal options, housing, health and finance.
- Working within a multi-agency framework consisting of the MARAC and local partnership responses to domestic abuse.
For more information, or to request a copy of the Application Pack (including full job description and person specification) please contact us on email@example.com or 02392 479254
Closing date for applications – 4.00pm April 9th 2015